A Keslick, Jr
Telephone- (610) 696-5353
EMPLOYMENT DESIRED: Full time, year round work, so I can support my family.
- To increase my education and training and put my skills to good use.
- Make honest profits from the latter while helping keep trees safe, healthy and attractive while reducing their capacity to interrupt service.
- To communicate with the public in regards to the need of pruning, dose, timing and targets of trees near utility lines and the dangers which can be avoided by such care.
- To discourage the public from planting large maturing trees near power lines and to communicate the proper care of low growing trees near power lines.
- To increase the public image of the people who trim trees near utility lines.
- To keep an open mind and work hard.
I hope to teach TREE BIOLOGY
- Tree Autopsy & Dissection Lab, two day lab with Dr. Alex L. Shigo in Portsmouth, NH
- Eight 3.5 day workshops on New Tree Biology with Dr Alex L Shigo at Appalachia State Univ.
- Twelve 2 day workshops in Portsmouth NH with Dr. Alex L Shigo on the following topics:
- Modern Arboriculture as the textbook & History of Arboriculture
- Tree Chemistry With Just A Little Fear & Chemistry You Can See
- Microorganisms: Understanding Their Role in Tree Life and Death.
- Understanding Modern Arboriculture
- Chemistry Without Fear
- Advanced Tree Anatomy; Chemistry of Trees & Treatments;
- Soil Chemistry; Fertilizers
Tree Autopsy and Dissection Lab
Concepts of Tree Chemistry & Biology
- TREE AUTOPSY AND DISSECTION LAB WITH MICROSCOPES
- Additional two day workshops with Dr. Alex L Shigo on the following topics:
- Two workshops on Hazard Trees at Paul Smith’s College, Paul Smith NY
- Trees as Systems at Pittsburgh Zoo, Pittsburgh PA
- Digging Deeper for Better Solutions & Advanced Chemistry and Biology of Trees
at Ellicott City MD
- Other two day workshops with other educators:
The Body Language of Trees
with Dr. Claus Mattheck, physicist, with the Institute for Material Research,
Karlsruhe, Germany, one workshop was in Philadelphia, PA and another was in
Plant Biology Workshop
Dr. Don Marx, Plant Health Care, Inc.
Education Center, Frogmore, SC
Wildlife, Pesticides and People
Rachel Carson Council, Inc. and the Dept. of Biology of George Mason University
, Fairfax VA
Shade Wild Flowers
Rodale Institute Kutztown, PA
Chester County Master
Composting Classes at the Health
Department of Chester Co, PA
I became a
Community Trees, Community
Resources at Penn State Great Valley, PA
- Additional one day workshops with Dr. Alex L Shigo on the following topics:
- Trees as Systems at Penn State, Dauphin County PA
- Nursery Seminar at Valley Forge Convention Center with the Nurserymen's Assoc
Valley Forge PA
Tree Care Seminar
Swarthmore College, Swarthmore PA
- Other workshops, classes attended and home study courses:
- Professional Home Study Programs:
- National Arborist Association, 1st series, 2nd series and Foreman
- Certified Landscape Maintenance Operator & Supervisor by the Landscape Maintenance Assoc of FL
- I invented a staking device CAMGUARDS® as an alternative to the injurious use of the wire in the
- Making phone calls, visiting college libraries, contacting USFS Libraries and contacting other researchers gathering technical reports, reading them, filing them and placing keywords in a database to better understand and care for trees and their associates. Thus being able to better communicate with the public on critical issues.
- Visited many Virgin Old Growth Forest to understand how the system is designed to function to see what things look like when they go right.
- Dissected trees on jobs.
- Climbed Trees to perform target pruning for 10 years.
- Dug trees.
- Examined woody and non-woody roots under a microscope.
- Profiled trees.
- Keslick & Son Modern Arboriculture, Owner and Operator since 1991.
- 1998, Davis & Davis, a law firm in Uniontown, PA as a consultant on a tree fatal case.
- 1998-1999, Bob's Tree Preservation Co, Church Point, LA.
- Consulted and taught the personnel at Tulane University regarding the care of their trees on campus.
- Introduced the SHIGOMETER, a device that can detect problems existing in the underground woody root.
- Autopsy performed on pine trees that were suspected to be killed by pine bark beetles.
- Eco-art Nurse Log Project.
- Maintain an educational web page for public use.
- Donated over 1000 Tree Basic Books to churches, schools and libraries worldwide.
- I do community service at the community center and donate composted tree trimmings.
- Working on children’s web page.
Served and was honorably discharged from the US ARMY. My MOS was 36 kilo (tactical wire specialist)