Re: [conculture] Debt Slavery Revisited (was: Government Structure)

From: Andrew Smith <hobbit@mail.earthlight.co.nz>

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999, Kristian Jensen wrote:

> As far as I recall, we had a discussion before in this list about
> debt slavery. And I have learned that the Romans had something
> similar, but I forget what they were called. Anyways, I'm wondering
> if our Brithenig and related colleagues on this list have remnants
> of such a social class. It would be interesting to hear what they
> have to say about the distinction between taxpayers and debt-slaves.
> It would also be interesting to hear from anyone else with
> debt-slaves in their conculture.
There is a system of slavery that existed in Cambria in the early middle
ages.  When I get time I'll write up on it and post it.

- andrew.

Andrew Smith, Intheologus 			hobbit@earthlight.co.nz

	Lo! thy dread empire, Chaos! is restored;
	Light dies before thy uncreating word:
	Thy hand, great Anarch! lets the curtain fall;
	And Universal Darkness buries All.
			- Alexander Pope, The Dunciad, Book IV.